Customers can apply for a U.S. passport or passport card at Chester Public Library, which is an officially-designated passport application acceptance facility.
You must apply in person if any of the following are true:
- You have never been issued a U.S. passport or
- You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued or
- Your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
- Your most recent U.S. passport was lost or stolen or
- Your name has changed since your previous U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
How To Apply
STEP 1: Complete and Print Form
|Enter the information online and print Form DS-11.||OR||Print a blank Form DS-11 and complete by hand.||OR||Complete the DS-11 form at the Chester Public Library.|
Note: Do not sign the DS-11 form until the Passport Agent instructs you to do so.
STEP 2: Submit Completed Form + Additional Documents
Submit your completed application form and the following additional documents.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following)
- U.S. birth certificate
- Previous U.S. passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Citizen Certificate
- Certificate of a U.S. Birth Abroad
- Proof of Identity (one of the following; originals only – no copies)
- Valid driver’s license (not temporary or learner permit)
- Previous U.S. passport book or passport card
- Certificate of Naturalization with identifiable photo attached
- Certificate of Citizenship with identifiable photo attached
- Government employee identification card (federal, state, county, municipal)
- Official U.S. military or military dependent identification card
- Current (valid) foreign passport
The Chester Public Library offers photo services during passport center hours for a fee (see below). Applicants can also present one passport photograph taken within the past 6 months. Photos must be 2×2 inches in size (no exceptions). It should be front view with a white background. The applicant must be the only person in the photo. See Photo Requirements.
STEP 3: Pay the Applicable Fees
TWO non-cash payments are required: One made payable to the U.S. Department of State and one made payable to The Chester Public Library.
Payment to the U.S. Department of State – Payment to the Department of State must be in the form of personal checks or money orders. Cash is not accepted.
|Age 16 and Older||Under Age 16|
|Regular Processing (6- 8 weeks)|
|Passport Book and Card||$140||$95|
|Expedited Processing* (2 – 3 weeks)|
|Passport Book and Card||$200||$155|
|Overnight delivery (for Passport Book only)||+ $15.45 to total cost||
* The additional costs cover the expedited processing and express mail.
Payment to Chester Public Library – You may combine payments to the Library in one personal check or money order if there is more than one application. Cash is not accepted.
|Execution Fee (required):||$35 for each application form|
|Photo Fee (optional):||$5 per customer|
Note: additional fees may apply if printing forms at the library.